Author: Leah Rowe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 15:32:50 +0000
remove freed-ora from the recommend distros (it's not a distribution)
1 file changed, 0 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)
diff --git a/docs/distros/index.html b/docs/distros/index.html
@@ -105,35 +105,6 @@
We recommend using the <em>MATE</em> desktop.
- Freed-ora is a 100% free software distribution, based on Fedora,
- which replaces Linux with Linux-libre and FireFox with IceCat.
- Fedora comes with a standard Linux kernel by default, which
- contains binary blobs (device firmware). If you delete Linux,
- and install <em>linux-libre</em>, it can be turned into a fully
- free system. Fedora, like Debian, is one of the more well-known
- distros, and it has been around for a long time, so it has
- a very large community around it.
- Fedora updates regularly, with the latest upstream packages
- available from the repositories. <strong>We had difficulty
- booting Fedora, but the installer works. If you manage to get
- Fedora working, let us know!</strong>
- Freed-ora also regularly updates on top of Fedora, so it should
- be up to date.
- <a href="http://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/selibre/linux-libre/freed-ora.en.html">Visit the Freed-ora website</a>
- - This blog post shows how to install Freed-ora 25:
- <a href="https://marcus.nohost.me/blog/2016/11/28/freed-ora-25-released/">https://marcus.nohost.me/blog/2016/11/28/freed-ora-25-released/</a>
Gentoo is a bleeding edge <em>source based</em> distribution.